Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

28-Year-Old Sharon Bukokhe Commits Suicide Out Of Loneliness In Britain


A glamorous 28-year-old businesswoman committed suicide after struggle to cope with living alone in Britain with her family dispersed across the world.
Sales manager Sharon Bukokhe, of Levenshulme, Manchester, was a high achiever working for a family planning charity but felt lonely because her relatives including her husband lived abroad.
Her husband lived in South Africa so he could complete a Master’s Degree whilst her mother lived in Richmond, Virginia, in the US, and her sister lived in Canada.
Mrs Bukokhe, who was originally from Kenya, used her laptop to research ways to commit suicide, applied full make up and painted her nails then suffocated herself at her flat.

A diary found after her death said:
‘I think that any life is as valid as the next, such that an ending of 25 is as good as 88. I have no real regrets or fears any more, I just feel decisive and justified.’

Mrs Bukokhe, who appeared to friends to be ‘the happiest person in the world’, settled in the UK in 2002 and graduated in design and engineering at Nottingham Trent University, the inquest heard.
She was later appointed sales manager of a charity helping with family planning issues involving third world countries. But Mrs Bukokhe was deeply affected by her family living in other countries.

Her only relative in Britain was her brother who lived 250 miles away in Gillingham, Kent and as a result of her feelings of loneliness she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

10 comments:

  1. She was highly possessed. RIP all d same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol .... I need to be Lonely in UK... Mscheew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww..I would av given you good good loving my dear! Sad to see such a beautiful woman just 'waste' away like that..*crying* Goodbye my never-met love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abeg abeg abeg mak I hear wrd.dis lady don cari HIV joor.#sad#RIP joor o

    ReplyDelete
  5. ЪŦ is what cheap drugs does to a person..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray make I feel lonely 4 UK O! Choi...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ode like her. Na she sabi y she do am.. (˘̯˘ )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loneliness for Uk
    Loneliness no kill me for 9ja na UK e go kill me
    Make I go their loneliness go run
    Rubbish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dats a shame!!! Personally,I hv no regard 4 any1 who feels taking their life is d solution 2 any challenge dey face. ONE WORD = SAD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...