Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

11 Killed In South African military Plane Crash


  A military plane has crashed in South Africa’s mountainous east, killing 11 people, local media reported Thursday.
The Dakota air force plane, which crashed late Wednesday, was not carrying members of Nelson Mandela’s medical team, as earlier unconfirmed reports suggested.

“On board the aircraft was a crew of six and five passengers, and it was confirmed that there are no survivors,” defence department spokesman Siphiwe Dlamini told local news agency SAPA.

“The SANDF (South African National Defence Force) has commenced with the process of informing the next-of-kin of the deceased members. The names of the deceased will be released when all the next-of-kin have been informed.”

The plane left Pretoria’s Waterkloof Air Force Base and was scheduled to land at 10:00 am (0800 GMT) in Mthatha, a small airport in the Eastern Cape that is the closest to Mandela’s rural homestead of Qunu, where he has lived since retiring from public life.

Rescue helicopters were dispatched to the mountainous region after the plane was reported missing, but had to be called back because of bad weather.
- Vanguard

5 comments:

  1. Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bookmarking
    and checking back frequently!
    my web site > Weightloss diet

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The names of the deceased will be released when all the next-of-kin have been informed".

    These pple know how to do things right. In naija, the reverse is always the case. Foolish pple get the manifest, then release the names on their blog even before the family is informed, just cos they wanna increase traffic on their blog. What a terrible way for anyone to find out abt his/her loved one's death.
    May they RIP.

    -Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I want to say terrific blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear
    your thoughts before writing. I have had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts
    out there. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first
    10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any suggestions or hints? Cheers!

    my web blog :: diet plans for women

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greаt articlе.

    Lοok at mу blog; DiamondLinks.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...