Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

"I Went Through Hell In The Hands Of ...My Mother-In-Law" - Mercy Aigbe

Actress Mercy Aigbe ,in a chat with Showtime Celebrity shed some light on her previous marriage and how she suffered in the hands of her mother-in-law in her first marriage. Read excerpts below:

Divorce cases are many now. How do you hope to remain married again?

It’s not me and I don’t have the power to keep my home. All I’m  determined to do is my best in the relationship. What I’ve done as a woman is to take my marriage to God because the divorce cases are scary. It’s everywhere. Ladies of nowadays are independent and don’t care about marriage.

In the past, single mothers used to lie about their status but today, ladies flaunt it, the world is changing. I’m going to sound a bit spiritual here- the devil is against marriage because it was instituted by God. And anything that has been done by God, he wants to make sure he pulls it down.

Marriage is meant to be sacred but it is no longer like that anymore. A lot of things have changed, even men don’t care what broken home can do to their kids. I feel our spiritual leaders should address it and make people start thinking of the vision God had about marriage.

I’ve been a victim of divorce once and I know what my daughter went through because I had an issue from that marriage. I don’t want to see any of my children go through that again, and that’s why I’ve taken my marriage to God.


So what were those mistakes you made in the last one that you wouldn’t want to repeat in this one?

It’s not like I’m trying to sound holy but, I didn’t make any mistake. I just feel it was meant to be like that. I had a mother-in-law who didn’t like where I come from. She didn’t like the fact that her son didn’t marry a lady from their village. She made me go through hell. At a point when I couldn’t take it any more, I left the marriage.

So you wouldn’t blame those ladies who wish their mother-in-laws were dead before they got married?

I swear I wouldn’t blame them. If I think back to what I went through, I wouldn’t pray for anyone to go through such because I went through hell in the hands of that woman. And for me to have woken up one day and decided to leave, it wasn’t easy because I was young and tried my best to please her. But she wasn’t pleased. I went out of my way to learn their language, learn how to cook different dishes just to please her but she didn’t budge.

So what did your ex-husband do about it?
At first, he actually fought it but some women have a strong hold on their sons. In the end, he obeyed her. He didn’t like it that I was leaving but he couldn’t hold me back at the same time because he wanted to please his mum. We had fought the battle for a long time and it wasn’t as if it would come to an end, I had to leave.

4 comments:

  1. The ex husband is a big foolish chicken, he culdnt defend his wife, doesn't he know d part of th scripture dt said a man will like his father nd his mother nd join his wife nd dey'l b one, overgrown baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is good u left, b4 they kill u off. Its not a do or die affair. God will be ur strength

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her ex is a big fool! Mummy's boy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...