Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Photos: Meet 75-year-old woman who dresses like a teenager


With her sharply cut fringe and penchant for Doc Marten boots, Jean Woods is no one's idea of a frail old grandmother - and the glamorous septuagenarian says she has absolutely no intention of changing.
'I have always been interested in fashion, but more so as I have got older.'I like to dress as I want to dress. When I put something on, I don't think "will anybody think I look good?"'I just decide in my own mind whether I look good - I don't really care about other people.'
Jean became Gap's oldest employee six years ago and has gone on to work at many of the big high street names, including current employer Bloomsbury & Co.She says young people are impressed with her look and don't have any issues with her buying similar clothes to them.


Jean hopes her TV appearance will help to persuade older people than life doesn't stop the day you pick up your pension.
'If it shows older people that life is there for the grabbing and that you have to take that plunge, then I will be happy.'I don't think youngsters think about it in the same way. When I go into Topshop, they are used to seeing me now and just accept that I am buying their clothes.' 
 One of Jean's two sons, Alec, 49, said the whole family supports her fashion-savvy style. He said Jean's grandchildren, who are all in their teens, regularly ask their grandmother for tips on how to look cool.Alec said:
'She has always dressed like that, so to us it doesn't look any different. The kids accept the way she looks as normal, but when their friends come round they say "I wish my gran could dress like that".'We all know that the way she dresses, and her personality, means she stands out.



4 comments:

  1. How I wish all them scary old witches in Nigeria can dress up like this. She is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous fool you just had to insult your grandmother just because you want to comment on a blog. Common sense isn't common after all.

      Delete
    2. @prettywoemanc don't you understand English? Read her statement again I think u r d one having the problem of common sense not been common.

      Delete
  2. Lol this one na miley cyrus in the neares future,since she refuse to have sense

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...