Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"I was never a stripper" - Karen Igho



Do you still feel hurt about the stories written about you while in the house?
Not any more I have forgiven everybody involved. The things written about me were not only false and untrue but slanderous too. I was locked up in the house and could not defend myself. People believed these untrue stories, about me and it continued to spread but I thank God I won the show and I have been able to win the hearts.

Which of the stories got you most?

The one about me being a strípper was untrue. It still baffles me till date. I was locked up for 90 days with a sum of money at stake and as crazy as I was, I didn’t kiss or have s*x with any guy and people could still write that I was a strípper.

Were you a strípper?



I was never a strípper. People don’t even know anything about me but are quick to believe the terrible things they heard. My mom is a very strong Christian and she built my spirituality. People who saw me like a wild card girl do not understand what it is being locked in a room with lots of alcohol and nothing to do.It is impossible not to misbehave but once you are back into the normal world, things change. How many times have I being caught smoking in public?

What then were you doing while in the UK?

My uncle helped with my trip to the UK and I went there to study. I studied Business Administration in Southwark College during which I took a summer class in Theatre Arts.All through my stay there, I survived in a legit way. I joined the UNICEF and other charity organisations, which had African countries in mind. I was also a sales girl for Karen Millen.

Which of the stories were true?

My having a rough childhood was true. My being a strípper wasn’t true. The chest story was true. I genuinely did the implant because I had chest lumps and two of my sisters have done the same (operations).

Tell us about your growing up

I am the first born of ten siblings. My family is a loving and caring one. They stood by me during the Big Brother days. My mother fought severally to defend me. I am from the Urhobo in Delta state, but I was born in Plateau state. I schooled in Jos and Warri.My growing up was not easy. My parents were separated and I had to live with my grand mum. It was not easy at all but I thank God.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...